Information Ownership, Collection and Use
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Compliance and Related Information
The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA) regulates online collection of information from persons under the age of 13. It is our policy to refrain from knowingly collecting or maintaining personally identifiable information relating to any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not supply any personally identifiable information through the site. If you are under the age of 18 and have already provided personally identifiable information through the site, please have your parent or guardian contact us immediately using the contact information herein so that we can remove such information from our files.
Ordering and Related Processes
When and if you (i) order products or services using our site or through our service, (ii) use services from our site (regardless as to whether you are a registered user), (iii) register for an event, or (iv) otherwise contact us, we may request information from you using an order form or otherwise. When we already have information about you (such as through a previous order, previous use, previous registration, or previous contact, whether received through a site or otherwise), we may use such information to facilitate the order, registration or other process. When using an order form, you may be asked to provide contact information (such as name and billing address) or financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your order. If we have trouble processing an order, we use this contact information to contact you. If you use our site or our services (regardless as to whether you are a registered user) you may also be required to provide us with other information regarding your identity so that we can ensure proper use of our service in accordance with our Terms of Service.
Analytics and Cookies
The analytics services and requisite cookies/beacons we use, if any, are not linked to any personally identifiable information while using a site unless you have given us permission to link personally identifiable information to one or more cookies. You give us that permission any time you register on our site or our service, use our site or our service, place an order through our site or our service, or identify yourself or the computer you are using through our site or our service. Most or all browsers permit you to disable or reject cookies. You can do this by setting the preferences in the browser. If you set the browser you use to reject cookies, you may not be able to use our site or our service, or it may take additional time to utilize such functionality.
We utilize the following services:
Google Analytics: Google analytics, and the Google Analytics cookie, allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on our website. The information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our site, which information can be used to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
To opt out of Google’s use of cookie tracking, please visit Google’s ad settings page (http://www.google.com/settings/ads) or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
Aggregated Information: We may share aggregated demographic information with our users, our affiliated organizations, and other organizations with which we do, or contemplate doing, business. Such information is aggregated and is not linked to any information that can identify individual users.
General Use: We may share personally identifiable information (whether in return for compensation or otherwise) with various vendors, suppliers, and advertisers. While we use good faith efforts to verify that such vendors, suppliers, and advertisers promote products and services of interest to users of our site and of our service, we cannot, and do not, endorse such vendors, suppliers, advertisers, products or services unless we expressly state otherwise. We share only such information as you yourself provide to us or someone else provides about you (such as through a registration process) and do not share personally identifiable information derived indirectly through IP address tracing or similar means. If you wish us to refrain from providing your personally identifiable information in this manner, please see the opt-out information and contact information provided below.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (including payment processors).
- We may use or disclose the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or equity securities, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We communicate with you through email, notices posted on the website, messages to your inbox, and other means available through the site and through the service, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these communications include: (a) welcome and engagement communications; (b) service and functionality communications; and (c) promotional notices. We track the open rate of your communications as part of our internal benchmarking.
We are committed to protecting your personal information We use a variety of technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Personal information we collect or receive is stored in protected operating environments that are not available to the public and, when transmitted, is protected using industry standard technologies and procedures. Our site is routinely checked for security compliance, and multi-factor authentication is required for all administrative access to data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our site or our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the site or the service, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the site or the service. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our site or our service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our site or our service.
For Website Visitors Outside Of The United States
For Website Visitors in The European Union (EU)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, or “GDPR”), individuals in the EU are afforded specific rights with respect to their personal information, or “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. For the purposes of this policy, we operate as a data controller. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in United States and under the terms of this policy. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the legitimate interest of our business and providing our Site and our Service to you as the lawful means of such processing. You may always withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data as described below. We will only retain your personal data for the time necessary to provide you the information and Website to which you have consented, to comply with the law and in accordance with your rights below.
You can exercise any of the following rights by notifying us as described below:
- Access. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the personal data our Website’s databases currently contain.
- Correction or Rectification. You can correct what personal data our Website’ database currently contain by emailing us at email@example.com to request that we correct or rectify any personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause information to be incorrect. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Restrict Processing. When applicable, you may restrict the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please explain how you wish us to restrict processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your personal data. You may submit a request via email to email@example.com. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this policy, to include withdrawing your consent. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Withdraw Consent. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data through our Website by notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the same email address associated with your use, of the Website simply type the words “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the subject line of your email. Upon receipt of such a withdrawal of consent, we will confirm receipt and proceed to stop processing your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Erasure. If you should wish to cease use of our Website and have your personal data deleted from our Website, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such a request for erasure, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your personal data has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Submit Complaints or Questions. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in a European Union member state, you may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
Access. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Personal Information our databases may currently contain.
Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. In your email, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your personal data, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. You may submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our site and our service and have your Personal Information deleted from our site and our service, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such a request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your Personal Information has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
Sale of Information. We do not sell your Personal Information. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your Personal Information.
In addition, if a California resident exercises his or her rights under California law, including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
If your personal information changes, if you have reason to believe that your personal information as we maintain it is incorrect, or if you no longer desire service, you may contact us using the contact information below and we will accommodate all reasonable requests for such changes.
Users who no longer wish to receive newsletters or promotional materials or have their information provided to third parties may opt to not receive such communications or have information shared by contacting us using the information below. We will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable.
If you (a) wish to begin or end receipt of newsletters or promotional information (b) wish to update your user information, or (c) wish to opt in or out of any other service offered through the site, please contact our technical personnel using the following information. Please be sure to include your name and your user name (if applicable), but do not include any information regarding your password(s), if any.
Shelll Company LLC